Saturday, October 20, 2012

Swimming By



Deb here with a colorful project that had me thinking of tropical places on a cloudy October morning. This creation features Digi2303 Tropical Fish. I chose this image for the coloring opportunity but, truly, almost any QKR Stampede image has amazing coloring potential.

The "Copic Coloring Guide, Level 2: Nature" by Colleen Schaan and Marianne Walker is one of the best crafting investments I've ever made. Using the tutorial entitled, "Alternative Blending and Shading Groups" I was able to understand the 10+2 rule for shading and how to blend outside one color family. I highly recommend this book.

The colors used on this project were taken right from those suggested in the tutorial. Copic colors for this project are as follows:
Blue Fish: B000, B00, B12, B24, BV00, BV11, BV23, R46
Orange Fish: Y11, Y15, YR15, YR18, R46

Otherwise, this was a very simple project which came together in a snap. Print the image, color it, cut and emboss with a Spellbinder and sponge with Distress Ink. Cut a piece of black card just a bit bigger and adhere to card front. Add a computer generated sentiment, a few dots of Stickles and it's finished!

Have a look at the multitude of images available at QKR Stampede with an eye for how you might color them. And don't forget to pop over to my blog for more ideas at I Love It!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card the colors in the image are beautiful and the shading is outstanding. Thanks for listing the book, I will have to check it out. Again, great job....joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was admiring the fins how they looked now I can see where you learned it from. Great job, awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job on this card. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete